|Product SKU||3M-33 (ALL)|
It is a polyvinyl chloride (PVC) tape that has high dielectric strength, is flame-retardant and conformable, and provides excellent mechanical protection with minimum bulk. It is a UL Listed “Insulating Tape”.
Scotch® Super 33+ Vinyl Electrical Tape, 3/4 in x 66 ft (19 mm x 20.1 m), 100 Rolls/Case
A premium grade vinyl electrical insulating tape, its aggressive adhesive and elastic backing ensure easy, water-resistant conformation to irregular surfaces in low temperatures, yet will not ooze or melt in high temperatures. It has excellent resistance to abrasion, moisture, alkalies, acid, copper corrosion, and varying weather conditions (including sunlight). It is a polyvinyl chloride (PVC) tape that has high dielectric strength, is flame-retardant and conformable, and provides excellent mechanical protection with minimum bulk. It is a UL Listed “Insulating Tape”.
Scotch® Super 33+ Electrical Tape a black, 7 mil tape, on a 1-inch core, combines the flexibility of a PVC backing with excellent electrical insulating properties to provide primary electrical insulation for splices up to 600V. Abrasion-, corrosion-, and UV-resistant, it makes an excellent protective jacketing for high-voltage cables and wire harnessing. UL Listed and CSA Certified, it resists alkalis and acids and is flame-retardant. Excellent all-weather performance in cold to 0°F (-18°C) or hot to 220°F (105°C)
- The combination of the pressure-sensitive, rubber-resin adhesive and the PVC backing offers electrical and mechanical protection
- Resists UV rays, abrasion, moisture, alkalis, solvents, and acids
- Flame-retardant and inhibits the corrosion of electrical conductors
- UL, CSA, and VDE approved
- Pressure-sensitive rubber-based adhesive
- Inhibits corrosion of the electrical conductor
- Compatible with solid dielectric cable insulation
- Primary electrical insulation for all wire and cable splices rated up to 600 volts
- Protective jacketing for high voltage cable splices and repairs
- The harnessing of wires and cables
- For indoor or outdoor applications
- For above or below-grade applications
- Highly conformable, super stretchy in all-weather applications
- Resists UV rays, abrasion, corrosion, alkalies, and acids.
|Dielectric Strength||1150 V/mil|
|Elongation at Break||250 Percent|
|Insulation Resistance||> 10^6 megohms|
|Maximum Operating Temperature (Celsius)||105 Degree Celsius|
|Overall Length (Metric)||20 Meter|
|Overall Width (Metric)||19 mm|
|Shelf Life||5 Year|
|Tensile Strength (metric)||26 N/cm|
|Total Tape Thickness without Liner (metric)||0.178 mm|
|Voltage Rating||600 V|
The tape shall be applied in half-lapped layers with sufficient tension to conform and produce a uniform covering. In most applications, this tension will reduce the tape’s width to approximately 5/8 of its original width. On pigtail splices, the tape should be wrapped beyond the end of the wires and then folded back, leaving a protective cushion to resist cut-through. Always wrap the tape “uphill”, taping from a smaller diameter surface to a larger diameter surface. Apply the tape with no tension on the last wrap to prevent flagging.
3M 33 vinyl electrical tape has a 5-year shelf life (from date of manufacture) when stored under the following recommended storage conditions. Store behind present stock in a clean dry place at a temperature of 70°F (21˚C) and 40-50% relative humidity. Good stock rotation is recommended.
1 BOX = 10 ROLLS
1Box includes 10 rolls of tapes