|Size (L x W x H)||7 cm x 7 cm x 5 cm|
Available in a wide variety of colors, Scotch tape 35 is your go-to solution for phase identification, color coding, marking and more. It stretches easily and adheres in almost any shape or angle for maximum versatility.
Scotch® Vinyl Electrical Tape 35 is a 7 mil (0,178 mm) polyvinyl chloride (PVC) color-coding tape. Outstanding electrical and mechanical properties make this tape excellent for use in phase identification, color coding of motor leads and piping systems, and for marking safety areas. Scotch® Tape 35 operates over a wide range of temperatures – up to 221°F (105°C); applies smoothly and conforms well above 32°F (0°C). This tape is available in nine fade-resistant colors.
- Color coding for phase identification, job identification, and safety
- Insulating electrical wiring
- Protecting electrical conductors, motor leads and piping from moisture, alkalis, acids, corrosion, abrasion, and weather
- Apply in half-lapped layers with sufficient tension to conform and produce a uniform covering. In most applications, this tension will reduce the tape width to approximately 60% of its original width.
- On a pigtail splice, wrap the tape beyond the end of the wire and then fold back and over-wrap, leaving a protective cushion to resist cut-through.
- Wrap uphill, taping from a smaller diameter to a larger diameter surface. Apply the tape with no tension on the last wrap to prevent flagging.
- Scotch® Tape 35 is based on polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and/or its copolymers and has a rubber-based, pressure-sensitive adhesive. The tape shall be 7 mils thick, and be UL Listed and marked per UL Standard 510 as “Flame-Retardant.” The tape shall be compatible with synthetic cable insulations, jackets and splicing compounds. The tape will remain stable and will not telescope more than 0.1 inches when maintained at temperatures below 122°F (50°C).
Color(s): Blue, Brown, Gray, Green, Orange, Red, Violet, White, and Yellow
Adhesive: Pressure-sensitive rubber
Thickness: 7 mils (0,178 mm)
Continuous Operating Temperature (max): 221ºF (105ºC)
Breaking Strength: 17 lb/in (30,3 N/10 mm)
Elongation (% at break): 225%
Adhesion to Steel: 20 oz/in (2,2 N/10 mm)
Adhesion to Backing: 20 oz/in (2,2 N/10 mm)
Flagging: 0.1 in (2,5 mm)