Employers should start doing these things now, even if COVID-19 has not arrived in the communities where they operate. They can already reduce working days lost due to illness and stop or slow the spread of COVID-19 if it arrives at one of your workplaces.
- Make sure your workplaces are clean and hygienic
- Surfaces (e.g. desks and tables) and objects (e.g. telephones, keyboards) need to be wiped with disinfectant regularly
- Promote regular and thorough hand-washing by employees, contractors, and customers
- Put sanitizing hand rub dispensers in prominent places around the workplace. Make sure these dispensers are regularly refilled
- Display posters promoting hand-washing
- Make sure all staff, contractors, and customers have access to places where they can wash their hands with soap and water
- Employees, contractors, and customers need to wear a mask when meeting with other staff, and customers
- Promote good respiratory hygiene in the workplace
- Ensure that face masks1 and/or paper tissues are available at your workplaces, for those who develop a runny nose or cough at work, along with closed bins for hygienically disposing of them
- No handshake policy
- Defer large meetings and events
Now is the time to prepare for COVID-19. Simple precautions and planning can make a big difference. Action now will help protect your employees and your business.
Click DISCOVER to get the latest promotion of Essential products.